Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
One of our favorite ways to use rhubarb is in these muffins. The cinnamon-sugar crumble topping makes them especially yummy!
- 1 1⁄2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 1⁄2 cups rhubarb, diced
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 cups white flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2⁄3 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Beat together brown sugar, oil, eggs and buttermilk. Add rhubarb.
- In a separate bowl mix flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Add to rhubarb mixture mixing until just moistened.
- Spoon batter into greased muffin pans or muffin cups about half full. Sprinkle with crumble and lightly press into batter.
- Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Crumble: Mix together crumble ingredients until well combined.