Prep 3 mins
Cook 4 mins
I came across this recipe over 10 years ago when I first learned I was diabetic. It's quick and tasty.
- 1 tablespoon whipped butter
- 4 eggs
- 1 green onion, chopped (white only)
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 dash pepper
- In 2 1/2-cup bowl, melt butter in microwave on high for 30 seconds.
- Whisk eggs with remaining ingredients in a separate bowl until well blended.
- Add egg mixture to the melted butter. Cover with vented plastic wrap.
- Cook on medium-high for 2 1/2 minutes, stirring halfway through cooking.
- Cook on low 30 seconds.
- Let stand 1 minute before serving.
This was awesome! I skipped the green onions and the parmesan (didn't have any), and added 3 teaspoons of coconut creamer to add creaminess. Microwave time, for us, was 3 1-minute intervals at 70% power, stopping to stir between each round.
I was running late this morning but was still able to make this in minutes so we had a hot breakfast before heading out the door. I didn't add the onions as my son is not a fan and I forgot the parsley. This cooked up nicely and we both enjoyed them.
Loved the quickness and easiness of this recipe! Wonderful for a weekday morning breakfast! I'd definitely cut down on the chopped green onion. It was a little over whelming for the rest of the taste in the recipe. Made for I Recommend. Thanks for sharing!