1/1 Photo of Cadillac Jack's " Poker Slop" Breakfast
Chef GreanEyes's Note:
Ha Ha!! NOT FOR THE DIET CONCIOUS!!! This comes from when I was a restaurant supervisor at Cadillac Jack's Diner/Casino in Deadwood, SD. The poker player guys that stayed at the casino for hours, even days on end would order breakfast and sometimes couldn't make up their minds between having an omlette and hashbrowns or biscuits and gravy with eggs and bacon/sausage so this is what one of the brilliant cooks came up with!! It never was on the menu (should of been!!) and now no one is there that knows how to make it. But the legend lives on.....
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt enough butter to cover pan/part of flat grill and sautee onions and green peppers until transclucent. Then add mushrooms and sautee.
- 2Remove veggies and put in seperate bowl.
- 3Melt butter on pan/grill again and cook hasbrowns all the way through.
- 4Toss veggies and meats in with hashbrowns stir and cook until all is nice and warm.
- 5Meanwhile on seperate pan/other part of grill cook eggs however you desire them.
- 6Put hashbrown-veggie-meat mix on serving plate, top with warm country gravy, and then top with eggs and enjoy! Then take a jog for 3 hours! LOL.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cadillac Jack's " Poker Slop" Breakfast
Serving Size: 1 (324 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 864.5
- Calories from Fat 414
- Total Fat 46.0 g
- Saturated Fat 17.1 g
- Cholesterol 423.0 mg
- Sodium 250.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 96.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.0 g
- Sugars 9.5 g
- Protein 24.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
country cream gravy