Ha Ha!! NOT FOR THE DIET CONCIOUS!!! This comes from when I was a restaurant supervisor at Cadillac Jack's Diner/Casino in Deadwood, SD. The poker player guys that stayed at the casino for hours, even days on end would order breakfast and sometimes couldn't make up their minds between having an omlette and hashbrowns or biscuits and gravy with eggs and bacon/sausage so this is what one of the brilliant cooks came up with!! It never was on the menu (should of been!!) and now no one is there that knows how to make it. But the legend lives on.....
- Melt enough butter to cover pan/part of flat grill and sautee onions and green peppers until transclucent. Then add mushrooms and sautee.
- Remove veggies and put in seperate bowl.
- Melt butter on pan/grill again and cook hasbrowns all the way through.
- Toss veggies and meats in with hashbrowns stir and cook until all is nice and warm.
- Meanwhile on seperate pan/other part of grill cook eggs however you desire them.
- Put hashbrown-veggie-meat mix on serving plate, top with warm country gravy, and then top with eggs and enjoy! Then take a jog for 3 hours! LOL.