MMMMM French toast kicked up a notch!!! Easy and delicious. From Allrecipes.
Make and share this Caramelized French Toast recipe from Food.com.
- Melt two tablespoons of butter in a frying pan or skillet over medium high heat.
- Beat together eggs, milk and salt.
- Dip bread one at a time into egg mixture and fry until light brown and egg is cooked.
- After 4 slices of bread have been cooked, melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter.
- Cook remaining bread slices until light brown on both sides and egg is cooked.
- After all bread slices have been cooked and removed from pan, add brown sugar to pan. Stir until melted and sticky.
- Add water and stir.
- Place French toast in caramel sauce. Turn to coat, then remove from pan. Serve.