Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
MMMMM French toast kicked up a notch!!! Easy and delicious. From Allrecipes.
Make and share this Caramelized French Toast recipe from Food.com.
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 6 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 8 slices bread
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- Melt two tablespoons of butter in a frying pan or skillet over medium high heat.
- Beat together eggs, milk and salt.
- Dip bread one at a time into egg mixture and fry until light brown and egg is cooked.
- After 4 slices of bread have been cooked, melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter.
- Cook remaining bread slices until light brown on both sides and egg is cooked.
- After all bread slices have been cooked and removed from pan, add brown sugar to pan. Stir until melted and sticky.
- Add water and stir.
- Place French toast in caramel sauce. Turn to coat, then remove from pan. Serve.
Thanks for a good breakfast. I think next time I'd put a bit of melted butter in with the brown sugar mixture, it needed some richness to balance the sweetness. Though I have to admit, I really liked the sweetness! Thanks Charmie! Made for ZWT8 trip to France.
Thank you Charmie777 for sharing this lovely sweet treat. I really enjoyed the french toast prepared this way. The caramel sauce was very nice, sweet and sassy, quick and easy to make. Made for the Fearless Red Dragons - ZWT8 - France.
This is so yummy. I did kick it up a bit and used it as a dessert. A scoop of vanilla caramel ice cream melted over the hot gooey French Toast and it really was a show-stopper dessert. It reminded me a bit of bread pudding but much quicker. I will use this recipe again. Thanks for sharing your recipe.