1/5 Photos of Casual Omelet
This is a good way to cut back on some fat and calories and still have nice omelet. Add some cut fruit for a nice lunch or brunch. 121 calories a serving. From Better Homes and Gardens's recipe editor's top ten pick for a heart healthy meatless main dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 (8 ounce) carton refrigerated fat-free liquid egg product or 1 (8 ounce) carton frozen fat-free liquid egg product, thawed or 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh chives or 1 tablespoon fresh Italian parsley or 1 tablespoon fresh chervil
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash ground red pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese (1 ounce)
- 1 cup spinach leaves
- fresh fruit (optional)
- 2/3 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1In a bowl combine sweet pepper, onion, vinegar, and black pepper. Set aside.
- 2Use an 8-inch nonstick skillet with flared sides or a crepe pan. Spray cold skillet with cooking spray. Heat skillet over medium heat.
- 3In a bowl beat together egg product or eggs, chives, salt, and ground red pepper with an electric mixer on medium speed or a rotary beater until frothy.
- 4Pour mixture into prepared skillet. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat without stirring for 4 to 5 minutes or until eggs begin to set. As eggs set, run a spatula around edge of skillet, lifting eggs so uncooked portion flows underneath. When eggs are set but still shiny, sprinkle with cheese. Top with 3/4 cup spinach and 2 tablespoons red pepper mixture. Fold one side of omelet partially over filling. Top with remaining 1/4 cup spinach and 1 tablespoon red pepper mixture. Reserve remaining red pepper mixture for another use. Transfer omelet to a plate. Serve with fresh fruit, if desired.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Casual Omelet
Serving Size: 1 (98 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 50.7
- Calories from Fat 11
- Total Fat 1.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 2.9 mg
- Sodium 178.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 4.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fat-free liquid egg product