Great pie, similiar to the traditional quiches, even a real man will eat this one!!
Make and share this Cauliflower Pie recipe from Food.com.
- Melt butter in a Large saucepan, cook onions until softened.
- Add cauliflower pieces, season with salt and pepper.
- Cover with water.
- Boil until just tender.
- Drain well.
- Arrange crescent rolls in pie pan, pressing into the bottom and up the sides.
- Place cauliflower in shell, with stem ends facing down.
- Sprinkle cheese over pie.
- Mix eggs and milk together, season to taste again.
- Pour over cauliflower.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes or until set.
The flavor of the filling was really good! I did make two tiny changes. The first was I added some chopped garlic because we love garlic. The second was instead of boiling then draining the cauliflower, I just cut it smaller and sauteed it with the onions and garlic. The only reason I gave it 3 stars and not 4 is because the crust, although good around the edges, was kind of mushy on the bottom. I think I will make this again but with a regular pie crust. Thanks for the recipe.
Followed other reviewer's advise and used a regular pie crust. Worked out well. Great way to use up cauliflower.
Yummy!!! I used pie crust, couple exra eggs, lil more milk and added crumbled bacon. Had some leftover cauliflower and found this recipe, I ate half of it?!?!?!? Great recipe!!