1/10 Photos of Cheese & Bacon Breakfast Muffins
This one was given to me by a girlfriend and it was yummy (we had regular size). Still have to make it myself. I have included cooking the bacon in the cooking time. UPDATE quizzed the girlfriend, she gave the recipe as is not as she does - so o'kay the difference is she used 6 slices of short rindless bacon (which is basically just the bacon meat only - no fat), therefore yes you would need the oil, she felt that way was healthier than the bacon fat.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 slices bacon (rind removed and chopped)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 400 g button mushrooms (finely chopped)
- 1 1/2 cups plain flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (freshly ground)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper (freshly ground)
- 1 cup cheese (grated, tasty, cheddar is good)
- 2 tablespoons chives (finely chopped)
- 80 g butter (melted)
- 2 eggs (lightly whisked)
- 2/3 cup milk (skim milk was used)
- 1In a frying pan (skillet) fry bacon over a medium-high heat until light and golden stirring often, about 4 minutes.
- 2Remove to a kitchen paper covered plate.
- 3Increase heat to high, add oil and mushrooms to the frying pan and cook for 5 minutes till tender and then set aside to cool.
- 4Preheat oven to 200 degree celsius.
- 5Grease a 12 hole muffin tin (regular size) or a 6 texas size (3/4 cup) muffin tin.
- 6Sift flour, baking powder and salt and pepper into a bowl and add cheese and chives and mix together.
- 7Whisk butter, egg and milk in a jug and pour into dry ingredients, stirring gently until almost combined.
- 8Fold through the bacon and mushrooms.
- 9Spoon mixture into prepared pan.
- 10Bake for about 15 to 18 minutes for regular size muffins and about 20 to 25 for texas size.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheese & Bacon Breakfast Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (82 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 181.2
- Calories from Fat 101
- Total Fat 11.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Cholesterol 54.5 mg
- Sodium 314.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 5.9 g