Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
These could be served for breakfast, brunch or as an appetizer. They are great for dipping. Serve with cheese sauce, salsa or spicy jam.
- 1 (12 ounce) package breakfast sausage links
- 2 (8 ounce) packages crescent roll dough (8 ounces each)
- 5 slices deli cheese, cut into thirds
- Cook sausage according to package directions; drain.
- Unroll crescent dough; separate into 14-triangles (there are two extra triangles).
- Place one strip cheese and one sausage link onto wide end of each triangle.
- Roll up, starting with the wide end.
- Place seam side down on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 375 degrees F 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with cheese sauce, salsa or spicy jam.
Very easy to make on a busy school-day morning! I used what we call "plastic cheese' (American process) which melted everywhere, but wasn't in the oven long enough to burn to the pan--and was just the right kind of crispiness! Next time (and there will be a next time), I would use a slice of sharp cheddar instead. I used ONE 8-ct. pkg crescent rolls, FOUR slices cheese (cut into triangles), and only EIGHT sausages for my breakfast crew of four. I don't normally buy crescent rolls, but this was so good, I think I may have to relent! We had a glass of apple-cherry juice with this and a banana on the side--so we felt full and satisfied--can get through the morning! *Aus/NZ March Swap 2008*