1/2 Photos of Chewy Fruit and Oatmeal Bars (Breakfast on the Go!)
I took this out of my latest Easy Home Cooking magazine. It's a Quaker oatmeal recipe. I have been looking for an easy breakfast for my two little ones and this looks like a winner. I think any low fat yogurt would do nicely depending on the fruit you choose. Can't wait to try it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) container low-fat vanilla yogurt (or plain)
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons nonfat milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 3 cups oats (quick or old fashioned)
- 1 cup diced dried mixed fruit (or raisins or dried cranberries)
- 1Heat oven to 350°F
- 2In large bowl combine sugars, yogurt,egg whites, oil, milk and vanilla; mix well.
- 3In medium bowl combine flour baking soda, cinnamon and salt; mix well.
- 4Add dry ingredients to wet mix; mix well.
- 5Stir in oats and dried fruit.
- 6Spread dough onto bottom of ungreased 13x9 baking pan.
- 7Bake 28-32 minutes or until golden brown.
- 8Cool completely on wire rack.
- 9Cut into bars.
- 10Store tightly covered.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chewy Fruit and Oatmeal Bars (Breakfast on the Go!)
Serving Size: 1 (48 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 163.2
- Calories from Fat 23
- Total Fat 2.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.2 mg
- Sodium 62.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 11.5 g
- Protein 4.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dried mixed fruit