1/5 Photos of Chewy No-Bake Granola Bars
These chewy granola bars were adapted from No-Bake Rice Krispies Peanut Butter Granola Bars (Lower-Fat) from Kittencal. My changes were to add coconut, dates, and walnuts. I also used butterscotch chips in place of chocolate chips. You'll see that your own options are endless - just substitute the ingredients that your family prefers!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 cups Rice Krispies
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup dates, chopped or 1/2 cup any dried fruit
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped or 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup sweetened coconut
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon molasses (optional)
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup butterscotch chips or 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1Prepare a 9x13 pan with non-stick spray.
- 2In a large bowl, mix all dry ingredients so they are ready for the hot sugar mixture.
- 3In a sauce pan, make sugar mixture. Combine brown sugar, corn syrup and optional molasses; bring to a full boil and allow to boil 1 MINUTE. Turn down heat and add peanut butter and vanilla, stirring quickly until smooth.
- 4Work quickly - pour the hot sugar mixture over dry ingredients and use two wooden spoons to thoroughly combine ingredients. Stir in chips LAST so they don't melt in the hot mixture.
- 5Press mixture very firmly into prepared pan. Keep pressing down until your bars are dense in order to keep them from crumbling later when you cut them.
- 6When cool, use a sharp knife to cut into 18 bars (1 cut lengthwise and then 9 cuts across).
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chewy No-Bake Granola Bars
Serving Size: 1 (854 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 198.5
- Calories from Fat 75
- Total Fat 8.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 81.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 13.6 g
- Protein 4.2 g