Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Enjoy this for breakfast or as a snack. It's made from a delicious and nutritious combination of bananas, creamy yogurt, rich soy milk, almond butter and cocoa. Adapted from Whole Foods.
- 1 ripe banana, peeled and cut into 2-inch chunks (fresh or frozen)
- 6 ounces vanilla soy yogurt (or regular vanilla yogurt)
- 3⁄4 cup vanilla-flavored soymilk (or rice milk or almond milk-more or less to taste)
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder (carob is good too!)
- 1 tablespoon finely ground flax seed
- 1 tablespoon honey (more or less to taste)
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup ice cube (optional)
- If using frozen banana, you can skip the ice if you wish.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a blender and process at top speed for about 1 minute or until smooth.
- Pour into a glass and serve. Enjoy!