1/1 Photo of Chocolate and Strawberry Stuffed French Toast
I got this recipe from Healthy Appetite with Ellie Krieger and adapted it to use ingredients that I normally have on hand. I used frozen strawberries(thawed and sliced), as it wasn't strawberry season and mini semi-sweet chocolate chips and it was wonderful!!! Could make it even lighter by using low or no-fat cream cheese, light bread and egg substitute.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk and vanilla. Set aside.
- 2Place 1 tablespoon of cream cheese in the center of 4 of the pieces of bread and spread around slightly. Top with about 6 slices of strawberries and a teaspoon of chocolate chips. Cover each with another piece of bread to make a "sandwich".
- 3Spray a large nonstick skillet or griddle with cooking spray and preheat. Carefully dip each of the "sandwiches" into the egg mixture until completely moistened. Then place on the skillet and cook over a medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes per side, until the outside is golden brown and the center is warm and chocolate is melted.
- 4Transfer to serving places. Top with remaining strawberries and sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate and Strawberry Stuffed French Toast
Serving Size: 1 (244 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 304.6
- Calories from Fat 103
- Total Fat 11.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 156.9 mg
- Sodium 388.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 12.8 g
- Protein 12.5 g