Prep 2 mins
Cook 5 mins
I created this recipe the other night when I was craving a chocolate chip oatmeal cookie. It could be served for breakfast, dessert, or a snack. My kids love it. It may not be as healthy as other versions of oatmeal, but it is much better than visiting the cookie jar when a craving hits. This recipe can easily be increased for multiple servings.
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 dash salt
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup oatmeal (I use Quaker Old-fashioned Oats)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 tablespoon chilled chocolate chips (I keep my chocolate chips in the freezer)
- Bring water, milk and salt to a boil.
- Stir in brown sugar.
- Add oatmeal and vanilla.
- Cook for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to bowl and sprinkle chocolate chips over the top. They will slowly melt as you eat the oatmeal.
- For a rich cookie flavor, stir in ½ teaspoon butter just before adding the chocolate chips.
- Note: Follow the directions on the oatmeal container for multiple servings, and increase brown sugar, vanilla, and chocolate chips.
Fun twist on oatmeal! This was very enjoyable, and definitely was very reminiscent of oatmeal cookies with chocolate chips. Thanks for sharing!
Very nice oatmeal! Made it with rolled millet and almond milk and halved the sweetener. I like especially the vanilla in it, which gives it a nice twist. Thanks for sharing! Made for Comfort Cafe Snowqueen's Round 2010.
My mom loved this. I made it for her for breakfast before work and she said it tasted just like a oatmeal chocolate chip cookie.