These are very nice and easy scones, which can be made quickly for a scrumptious breakfast or for tea. I just love their simplicity! =)
- Preheat the oven to 220°C.
- Mix flour and baking powder in a bowl. Add the butter in small pieces. Knead into a crumbly dough using your hands.
- Add sugar and chocolate.
- Add the milk and stirr well. Dough should be of a creamy consistency now.
- On a floured surface roll out dough into a rectangle. Cut into small squares (aprox. 6).
- Place the scones onto a lined baking sheet and brush them with a bit of milk.
- Bake for ca. 10 minutes or until golden brown on top.
These scones were full of flavor! I normally make buttermilk ones, so these were great as I didn't have to buy buttermilk. My DD took the dough and cut it into the traditional triangles. I added mini cinnamon chips and semi sweet chocolate chips and topped them with sugar crystals. Made for Potluck tag.
These are so good!!! I made them back on 8/30, but it went to sub-domain of breakfast, so now adding the review to the recipe. Just loved the added sweetness from the chocolate chips and I too saved a bit of sugar and sprinkled that on top after brushing with milk. As I recall, I cut the recipe in half and it made 4 scones. Thanks for sharing such a great recipe. Made for Holiday Tag Game.
Oh, Laura, these are extraordinary! I made these for Mother's Day Brunch, and they were the very first thing gone - they didn't even make it halfway around the table (and there were two other types of scones, too!) I used a swiss milk chocolate bar, about 60g, chopped into good sized chunks, and shaped the dough into a round, which I then cut into six triangles. I brushed them with a bit of the milk, and sprinkled the top very lightly with sugar for a cruchy top. I wish I'd had time for a picture, because they were so gorgeous! I'm sure to make these again, as they were such a hit! Thanks so much for posting, Laura! Made for Zaar Stars Tag.