1/3 Photos of Chocolate Chip Sour Cream Pancakes, Diabetic
The last time I went shopping there was a terrific price on sour cream so I grabbed 2 BIG containers. I'm currently putting sour cream in everything I can think of! I'm the first to admit that this wouldn't be a daily thing but for a special breakfast (Valentines, Mothers Day?) it isn't going to break the diabetic bank
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup Egg Beaters egg substitute (or egg white)
- 1 cup nonfat milk
- 3/4 cup fat free sour cream
- 2 tablespoons melted margarine (heart healthy)
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup semisweet mini chocolate chips
- Pam cooking spray, for the griddle
- 1Sift the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt into a medium-size mixing bowl.
- 2In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs until foamy, then whisk in the milk, sour cream, melted butter, and vanilla. Make a well in the dry ingredients, add the liquids, and whisk briefly, just until the batter is blended.
- 3Let rest 2 minutes.
- 4Fold in the chocolate chips and set aside for several minutes while you preheat a griddle or skillet.
- 5Heat an electric griddle (you can also use a pan or 2 on the stove top but it takes a lot longer because you have to do fewer at a time)let preheat for 3 to 4 minutes.
- 6Spray griddle with PAM.
- 7Using about 1/3 cup batter per pancake, ladle the batter onto the hot skillet.
- 8Cook about 1 1/2 minutes on the first side, until the bubbles on top are starting to pop, then flip and cook about 1 minute on the second side.
- 9Repeat for remaining batter.
- 10Top with no sugar added syrup if desired.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Chip Sour Cream Pancakes, Diabetic
Serving Size: 1 (187 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 353.6
- Calories from Fat 90
- Total Fat 10.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 5.5 mg
- Sodium 667.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 15.6 g
- Protein 9.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Egg Beaters egg substitute