Prep 7 mins
Cook 18 mins
These are a tasty morsel of a muffin, that's great with a cup of coffee or a glass of milk. My preference is to leave out the chips, but my kid's wouldn't have them any other way. The small size brings out the intensity of the vanilla. Use the batter with out the chocolate as a base for a delicious regular sized berry muffin.
- 2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2⁄3 cup mini chocolate chip
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup milk, warmed to room temperature
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Pre heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease 24 mini muffin pan.
- Stir together in a mixing bowl all the dry ingredients and the chocolate chips.
- Make a well in the flour mix and set aside.
- In another bowl whisk together all the wet ingredients and pour into the well in the flour mix, stirring together gently until all the flour is mixed inches
- Don't over mix there will be some lumps.
- Spoon batter into muffin pan filling to the top.
- Bake 15 - 18 minutes, or until top just begin to get golden.
- Note: quantities will vary based on the size of muffin pan, there are many different sized mini muffin pans, if they are larger, don't fill all the way to the top.
Made a double batch of these great tasting muffins, one with the chocolate chips & one without, & I liked them both equally! After doing my own little taste test, all but another 4 were packed off to share at one of our weekly meetings, with none left to cart home! This is certainly a recipe worth keeping around! Thanks for sharing it! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]
Yummy morning muffins!!! I made these for my 19 yo DS and his girlfriend for a snack about mid-morning. DS didn't care for them, said they were dry and not enough chocolate, but his GF said they were fine. After they baked we all added some butter to the cut sides, but have to agree with my son, they were on the dry side for me as well. But I disagree with him about it not being chocolately enough. Thanks for sharing your recipe. Made for ZWT 7.
These were delicious! My children loved them. Made for X-tra Hot Dishes.