1/1 Photo of Chorizo Mushroom Quiche
This is a fairly low-carb recipe, but it is NOT LOW-FAT. You can change the ingredients to anything you like, just be sure to use the 4 eggs to 1.5 cups of dairy (milk, cream or even 1/2 cup of sour cream works just fine, as long as it totals 1.5 cups!).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups cream (or a blend of milk and cream, your choice)
- 6 mushrooms, sliced
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 6 ounces chorizo sausage
- 3/4 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne (to taste)
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1In a medium mixing bowl, stir together eggs, cream (or mixture of milk and cream) and spices, set aside.
- 2Saute chopped mushrooms, green onions and chorizo together in a pan until mushrooms and chorizo are no longer raw, about 5 - 7 minutes. You may need a dash of olive oil to prevent sticking.
- 3Have ready a buttered baking dish (I used a cast-iron scone pan, see photo). Place chorizo mixture on the bottom, then cheese, then pour egg mixture over top. Sprinkle with paprika, if desired.
- 4Bake at 375 degrees for 20-40 minutes, depending on your pan and your oven. CHECK OFTEN as ovens vary. My cast iron scone pan only took 20 minutes!
- 5Cook until slightly brown on top and eggs do not jiggle. Let set for 10 minutes. You might sprinkle extra green onions or chili flakes on top, if you like - get creative! Sliced black olives make a nice touch.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chorizo Mushroom Quiche
Serving Size: 1 (119 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 359.0
- Calories from Fat 274
- Total Fat 30.5 g
- Saturated Fat 15.3 g
- Cholesterol 220.3 mg
- Sodium 607.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 16.8 g