1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Pull these from the freezer for a yummy breakfast. Think ahead the night before for a quick warm roll directly from the over--the smell is sure to wake up the family and get them to the table!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- danish pastry dough, posted separately
- 4 tablespoons sweet butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, mixed with
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or 1/2 cup pecans
- 1/4 cup chopped raisins
- 1 teaspoon lemon rind, grated
- 1On a lightly floured pastry cloth or floured board, roll dough to an 18x9-inch rectangle.
- 2Brush with half of butter, then sprinkle generously with cinnamon sugar mixture, leaving a 1/4-inch edge all around. Combine nuts, raisins and peel.
- 3Sprinkle evenly over sugared surface.
- 4From longer side, fold one third of dough over.
- 5Then bring opposite side over this, to make a three layer strip 18x3-inches.
- 6Pinch together, to seal. With a sharp knife, cut strip crosswise into 6 sections.
- 7On folded side of each, make 3 1-inch cuts, evenly spaced TO FREEZE: Arrange on tray.
- 8Separate "claws" slightly.
- 9Brush tops with rest of butter. Wrap tray with foil; seal, label and freeze TO BAKE: Line a cookie sheet with brown paper.
- 10Arrange "claws" 2 inches apart on ungreased brown paper.
- 11Let rise in warm place until double in bulk about 1- 1 1/4 hour. Meanwhile preheat the oven to 375°F.
- 12Mix the ingredients for the sugar glaze together in a small bowl.
- 13Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- 14Let cool slightly on wire rack.
- 15Drizzle glaze over warm rolls.
- 16Note: You can serve these in the morning for breakfast by pulling them out of the freezer the night before and let them thaw in the refrigerator overnight on a brown paper lined sheet.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cinnamon Bear Claws (Once a Month Cooking)
Serving Size: 1 (74 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 207.6
- Calories from Fat 127
- Total Fat 14.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 20.7 mg
- Sodium 3.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 17.8 g
- Protein 1.8 g