1/3 Photos of Cinnamon Bun French Toast
This just might be the best French toast you will ever have! This tastes like a giant sticky cinnamon bun. I used Texas toast in place of egg bread for this and it worked well. You can use half and half in place of whipping cream. This recipe serves 2 people double or triple the recipe to serve more. Although I have not tried it as yet, if you plan on doubling the recipe, I would guess you could use half maple syrup and half pancake syrup due to cost factor. When I doubled the recipe, I used 2 cups of maple syrup, 1 cup whipping cream and 1 cup half and half.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup pure maple syrup
- 5 tablespoons butter, more if needed (no subs)
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup whipping cream, unwhipped (can use half and half cream in place of whipping cream or use 1/2 cup each)
- 2 1/4 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 -5 slices egg bread (about 1-inch thick)
- confectioners' sugar (optional)
- 1In a saucepan bring the maple syrup, 1 tablespoon butter and 1 teaspoon cinnamon to a boil; boil for 2 minutes.
- 2In a bowl whisk eggs, whipping cream, vanilla, 3 tablespoons maple syrup mixture and the remaining 1 teaspoon cinnamon.
- 3Place the bread slices in a large baking dish.
- 4Pour the egg mixture over bread slices; turn to coat.
- 5Pierce bread in several places with a fork; let stand for 5 minutes.
- 6Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat.
- 7Add bread and cook until brown (about 3 minutes).
- 8Add in more butter to skillet, and turn bread over; cook until brown (about 3 minutes).
- 9Transfer to plates and serve with more syrup of sprinkle with confectioners sugar.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cinnamon Bun French Toast
Serving Size: 1 (474 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1441.5
- Calories from Fat 769
- Total Fat 85.4 g
- Saturated Fat 49.3 g
- Cholesterol 597.4 mg
- Sodium 763.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 152.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 98.6 g
- Protein 19.8 g