1/3 Photos of Cinnamon Bun French Toast
This just might be the best French toast you will ever have! This tastes like a giant sticky cinnamon bun. I used Texas toast in place of egg bread for this and it worked well. You can use half and half in place of whipping cream. This recipe serves 2 people double or triple the recipe to serve more. Although I have not tried it as yet, if you plan on doubling the recipe, I would guess you could use half maple syrup and half pancake syrup due to cost factor. When I doubled the recipe, I used 2 cups of maple syrup, 1 cup whipping cream and 1 cup half and half.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup pure maple syrup
- 5 tablespoons butter, more if needed (no subs)
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup whipping cream, unwhipped (can use half and half cream in place of whipping cream or use 1/2 cup each)
- 2 1/4 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 -5 slices egg bread (about 1-inch thick)
- confectioners' sugar (optional)
- 1In a saucepan bring the maple syrup, 1 tablespoon butter and 1 teaspoon cinnamon to a boil; boil for 2 minutes.
- 2In a bowl whisk eggs, whipping cream, vanilla, 3 tablespoons maple syrup mixture and the remaining 1 teaspoon cinnamon.
- 3Place the bread slices in a large baking dish.
- 4Pour the egg mixture over bread slices; turn to coat.
- 5Pierce bread in several places with a fork; let stand for 5 minutes.
- 6Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat.
- 7Add bread and cook until brown (about 3 minutes).
- 8Add in more butter to skillet, and turn bread over; cook until brown (about 3 minutes).
- 9Transfer to plates and serve with more syrup of sprinkle with confectioners sugar.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cinnamon Bun French Toast
Serving Size: 1 (474 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1441.5
- Calories from Fat 769
- Total Fat 85.4 g
- Saturated Fat 49.3 g
- Cholesterol 597.4 mg
- Sodium 763.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 152.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 98.6 g
- Protein 19.8 g