1 hr 10 mins
Pinaygourmet #345142's Note:
I found this on the internet yet again, posted by Clark Hamblen. I haven't tried it yet but this is how he describes it. " This recipe is excellent served for breakfast with fruit, or at lunch or dinner with a salad. This recipe makes two 9 inch pies. The reason for this is because if you only make one you will hate yourself the next day when there are no leftovers. Bacon, ham, and spinach and mushrooms are layered with 3 cheeses in this rich delicious egg dish."
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 225 g thick sliced bacon
- 284 g frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 227 1/4 g sour cream
- salt and pepper
- 2 (9 inch) unbaked pie crusts
- 30 ml olive oil
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 225 g fresh mushrooms, finely diced
- 280 g finely diced smoked ham
- 225 g monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 225 g cheddar cheese, shredded
- 115 g parmesan cheese, grated
- 8 eggs
- 355 ml half-and-half cream
- 1 teaspoon grams dried parsley
- salt and pepper
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- 2Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble, and set aside.
- 3Cook spinach according to package instructions. Allow to cool, then squeeze dry.
- 4Heat olive oil in skillet over medium heat. Saute onions until soft and translucent. Stir in mushrooms, and cook for 2 minutes, or until soft. Stir in ham and cooked bacon. Remove from heat.
- 5In a large bowl, combine spinach, sour cream, salt and pepper. Divide, and spread into pie crusts. Layer with bacon mixture.
- 6Mix together Monterey Jack, Cheddar and Parmesan, and sprinkle over pies.
- 7Whisk together eggs, half-and-half and parsley. Season with salt and pepper, and pour over pies.
- 8Place pies on baking sheet, and bake on middle shelf in preheated oven for 40 minutes.
- 9The top will be puffed and golden brown.
- 10Remove from oven, and let stand for 5 to 10 minutes.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Clark's Quiche
Serving Size: 1 (256 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 641.7
- Calories from Fat 445
- Total Fat 49.5 g
- Saturated Fat 21.8 g
- Cholesterol 236.2 mg
- Sodium 1179.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 30.0 g