A nice breakfast or brunch dish. Serve with warm tortillas, and green chiles on the side, if desired.
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon flour
- 2 (16 ounce) cans tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 6 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup ripe olives, sliced
- Saute onion, green pepper and garlic in olive oil.
- Stir in flour and cook for 1 minute.
- Add next 7 ingredients and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Pour sauce into a 9x13 baking dish.
- Make 6 indentions in the sauce and break an egg into each, gently.
- Sprinkle with cheese and olives.
- Bake at 350 degrees F.
- for 15 minutes or until eggs are set.
- Serve immediately.