Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A nice breakfast or brunch dish. Serve with warm tortillas, and green chiles on the side, if desired.
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon flour
- 2 (16 ounce) cans tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 6 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup ripe olives, sliced
- Saute onion, green pepper and garlic in olive oil.
- Stir in flour and cook for 1 minute.
- Add next 7 ingredients and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Pour sauce into a 9x13 baking dish.
- Make 6 indentions in the sauce and break an egg into each, gently.
- Sprinkle with cheese and olives.
- Bake at 350 degrees F.
- for 15 minutes or until eggs are set.
- Serve immediately.
Excellent flavor but I thought it needed a jalapeno pepper in it (personal taste).I allowed 2 eggs per serving and baked them in individual dishes so it was from the oven to the table.I like the tortillas cut up and put in the sauce and I used fresh tomatoes. Really enjoyed my brunch, Served with refied beans(Refried Beans) Thanks Miss Anne
This is a dish Ive wanted to try for many years, wasnt sure if I'd like it though, and my DH raised his eyebrows when I told him what he was getting...lol. But boy this recipe is a winner, so easy and very tasty. I used one tin of tomatoes and only 4 eggs. It looks great too, thanks for posting. =)
A good easy to prepare meal. I added some tabasco to the tomato sauce for a bit more flair. Made a great meal for dinner with some veggies!!