Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I got the original recipe from Weight Watchers. I'm always looking for recipes that fit into my diet plan that my DD and DH will also eat. This is good. If you are counting points, it's only 3 points per serving.
- Peel or thoroughly scrub potatoes and slice very thin (food processor does a good job).
- Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil.
- Add potatoes and boil about 5 minutes or until partially cooked.
- Drain and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, egg whites, garlic, salt and pepper together.
- Set mixture aside.
- In a 10" frying pan, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add onions and sliced potatoes.
- Cook, stirring continuously for about 5 minutes, until golden brown.
- Add potato mixture to egg mixture and mix well.
- Reheat frying pan over low-medium heat.
- Add potato-egg mixture and cook for 2 minutes.
- Flip mixture over and cook on other side for about 2 minutes until the eggs are set.
- (To make flipping easier you can slide them onto a plate and then turn the plate over above the pan.).
- Cut into 6 wedges and serve.
This was most excellent ! I made it as Rita~ did, partially cooking the potatoes, onions and garlic in the frying pan, then adding all other ingredients into a baking dish. I baked for 30 minutes in a 350 degree oven, and it came out just right. I should have added a bit more salt and pepper for our tastes, but this did not detract from the recipe. I will definitely make this again. Thanks for posting Dreamer! Made for ZWT8 - Spain/Portugal and the Herbaceous Curvaceous Honeys.
I used canned potatoes to cut down on cook time. I also used onion powder instead of the onion. Made for Gimmie 5 Tag
A good, light recipe. We felt like it was missing some spices but other than that we enjoyed it eaten with salsa. I liked how quick & easy it was & that it was all staple items. I cut the recipe down for two of us & used 4 whole eggs. Thanks for sharing, Dreamer! Made for ZWT 5 - Ali Baba's Babes.