1/6 Photos of Cornmeal Pancakes With Blueberry Maple Syrup
Kozmic Blues's Note:
This recipe is a unique twist on an everyday breakfast favorite. My friend found this recipe in the Food Network Kitchen's Cookbook, and was just dying to try it. I think the blueberry syrup would be great on ANY pancakes, even if you don't have the extra time to make these
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg, freshly grated
- 2 large eggs, separated and at room temp
- 1 cup buttermilk, room temp
- 1/2 cup milk, room temp
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
For blueberry syrup
- 1Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- 2Whisk flour, cornmeal, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, baking soda and nutmeg in a large bowl.
- 3In another bowl, whisk egg yolks with buttermilk, milk, melted butter, and vanilla extract.
- 4Combine the wet and dry ingredients to make a thick batter, be sure not to overmix.
- 5Whip egg whites until they have soft peaks.
- 6Fold the whipped egg whites into the batter.
- 7Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- 8Lightly coat the surface with butter.
- 9Pour about 1/4 cup of the batter into the skillet for each pancake.
- 10Cook until bubbles break the surface of the pancakes and the undersides are golden brown.
- 11Flip pancakes and cook for another minute or so on the other side.
- 12Keep cooked pancakes warn on baking sheet in the oven while you cook the rest.
- 13Serve pancakes with warm blueberry syrup.
- 14For the syrup:.
- 15toss the blueberries and maple syrup in a small saucepan.
- 16Add cinnamon stick and cook over high heat until boiling and blueberries begin to pop, about 5 minutes.
- 17Remove from heat, remove cinnamon stick, and whisk in butter and lemon juice.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cornmeal Pancakes With Blueberry Maple Syrup
Serving Size: 1 (963 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 109.5
- Calories from Fat 37
- Total Fat 4.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 35.7 mg
- Sodium 100.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 7.2 g
- Protein 2.5 g