A tasty omelet.
Make and share this Country Garden Omelet recipe from Food.com.
- 4 large eggs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- ground mustard, dash
- cayenne pepper, dash
- onion powder, dash
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄3 cup red bell peppers or 1⁄3 cup green bell pepper, cut in strips
- 2 tablespoons onions, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup cooked ham, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup breakfast sausage links, cooked and sliced
- 1⁄2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Beat eggs with salt, ground mustard, cayenne and onion powder until well blended; set aside.
- In 12 inch skillet saute red and green bell peppers and onion in vegetable oil over medium heat until soft.
- Stir in ham and sausage.
- Remove to plate.
- In same skillet, pour in egg mixture.
- Cook over medium heat for 3-5 minutes, lifting up edges to let liquid egg in the center to flow into skillet.
- Continue cooking until egg mixture is firm, but not browned.
- Pour reserved peppers, onion, ham and sausage onto 1/2 of the omelet.
- Sprinkle with 1/2 of the cheese.
- Fold omelet in half with spatula.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese.