Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A tasty omelet.
Make and share this Country Garden Omelet recipe from Food.com.
- 4 large eggs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- ground mustard, dash
- cayenne pepper, dash
- onion powder, dash
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄3 cup red bell peppers or 1⁄3 cup green bell pepper, cut in strips
- 2 tablespoons onions, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup cooked ham, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup breakfast sausage links, cooked and sliced
- 1⁄2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Beat eggs with salt, ground mustard, cayenne and onion powder until well blended; set aside.
- In 12 inch skillet saute red and green bell peppers and onion in vegetable oil over medium heat until soft.
- Stir in ham and sausage.
- Remove to plate.
- In same skillet, pour in egg mixture.
- Cook over medium heat for 3-5 minutes, lifting up edges to let liquid egg in the center to flow into skillet.
- Continue cooking until egg mixture is firm, but not browned.
- Pour reserved peppers, onion, ham and sausage onto 1/2 of the omelet.
- Sprinkle with 1/2 of the cheese.
- Fold omelet in half with spatula.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
I agree this omelet is very tasty. It's great when you find a quick easy recipe that comes out better than any restaurant. We made a couple tweaks to our liking; added 1 Tbsp of yogurt cause I find this helps make omelets abit more fluffy. For even more flavour I added a dash of hot sauce along with some chopped banana peppers in the eggs and finely chopped jalapeno with the bell peppers. We like our omelets meaty so we increased abit, rather than measuring by cups we measure by ounce's, normally use 5 - 6 oz. Awesome recipe, thanks for sharing.
This was a wonderful omelet, had lots of ingredients to make for a tasty meal. I had no sausage, so mine just had ham, which was fine. I also cut the cheese back, just added enough to give it a taste. I also added tomatoes as my garden is overflowing, so every recipe I can add tomatoes to I do. This would be great for supper, as it is a very filling omelet. Made for ZWT8
Thanks, Lainey, for this delicious omelette! I liked the ham and sausage together and the cheese really made it "oozy." I will make this one again. Fantastic for an easy week-night supper. Made for PAC, spring 2009.