This is the most delicious French toast, that is made in the oven, serve sprinkled with powdered sugar, and smothered with maple syrup. Plan ahead this needs to be chilled overnight.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the bread cubes in a greased 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- 2Beat the cream cheese at medium speed of mixer until smooth.
- 3Add in the eggs (1 at a time) mixing well after each addition.
- 4Add in the milk, half and half, 1/2 cup maple syrup and vanilla; mix well until smooth.
- 5Pour the cream cheese/milk mixture over the top of the bread cubes; cover, and refrigerate overnight.
- 6The next morning: Set the oven to 375 degrees.
- 7Remove the bread mixture from the fridge; let stand on the counter for 30 minutes before baking.
- 8Bake for 40-50 minutes, or until set (should be a nice golden brown colour).
- 9Remove from the oven, sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- 10Serve with maple syrup.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cream Cheese French Toast Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (198 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 361.0
- Calories from Fat 162
- Total Fat 18.0 g
- Saturated Fat 9.4 g
- Cholesterol 228.0 mg
- Sodium 430.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 14.5 g
- Protein 12.3 g