1/3 Photos of Creamed Eggs on Toast
My mom made this on special days for breakfast. It was a family favorite growing up. Now I make for my hubby on those "special" days that I want to say he's tops in my book. You may wish to double this recipe for big eaters or if no fruit and meat accompany the meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt butter over medium-high heat.
- 2Whisk in flour.
- 3When bubbly, whisk in milk a little at a time.
- 4Add salt.
- 5Continue to whisk til thick and bubbly.
- 6Remove from heat and add chopped eggs.
- 7Toast and butter slices of bread.
- 8Lay slices on individual plates and spoon on Creamed Eggs.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamed Eggs on Toast
Serving Size: 1 (204 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 683.5
- Calories from Fat 423
- Total Fat 47.0 g
- Saturated Fat 26.5 g
- Cholesterol 390.2 mg
- Sodium 1239.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 22.2 g