My mom made this on special days for breakfast. It was a family favorite growing up. Now I make for my hubby on those "special" days that I want to say he's tops in my book. You may wish to double this recipe for big eaters or if no fruit and meat accompany the meal.
- Melt butter over medium-high heat.
- Whisk in flour.
- When bubbly, whisk in milk a little at a time.
- Add salt.
- Continue to whisk til thick and bubbly.
- Remove from heat and add chopped eggs.
- Toast and butter slices of bread.
- Lay slices on individual plates and spoon on Creamed Eggs.