Yum, yum! These are the best! Hot fluffy waffles with occasional "pockets" of cream-top with your favorite syrup or honey and you are in instant waffle heaven! These are great to throw together when your cottage cheese is about to expire and you want to use it up.
- Preheat your waffle iron.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees if you won't be eating immediately.
- Melt butter, reserve.
- Whisk dry ingredients.
- In a seperate bowl, beat cottage cheese, milk, eggs, honey. Don't try to beat out the curds of cheese. Gradually add dry ingredients to the cottage cheese mixture, stirring only until the dry ingredients are incorporated. Stir in butter.
- Spray grids and spoon out 1/2 cup batter onto the hot iron. Use a wooden spoon to smooth the batter almost to the edge of the grids. Close the lid and bake until browned.
- Serve immediately, or keep in a slingle layer, on a rack in the preheated oven.