1/3 Photos of Creamy Skillet Hash Browns Casserole
Not your traditional has browns. These might take a little extra effort, but they're well worth it. Creamy, cheesy, yummy. Perfect for brunch. (Prep time includes par boiling of potatoes.)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with cold water. Place on stove over medium-high heat. When water is boiling rapidly, turn off heat, cover pot, and let potatoes sit for 5 minutes. Carefully drain water and cool potatoes. You can refrigerate them, which will take a little while, or run them under cold water for 5-10 minutes (my preferred method).
- 2Shred potatoes, set aside.
- 3Heat large skillet over medium heat. Add chopped bacon. Cook for 2-3 minutes. Add onions. Cook until bacon is cooked and onions are browned, stirring occasionally, 5-6 minutes.
- 4Add butter or margarine to skillet and let melt.
- 5Add shredded potatoes and stir until onions and bacon are evenly distributed among the potatoes. Flatten with the back of the spatula and let sit until bottom is browned, 4-5 minutes.
- 6Flip potatoes over. This does not need to be down perfectly. Cook another 4-5 minutes until potatoes are browned on both sides.
- 7Add sour cream, cheese, and pepper. Stir until mixed. Flatten potatoes with spatula and cook a few minutes, until browned. Flip. Cook another few minutes. Serve warm.
- 8Add additional cheese if desired.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Skillet Hash Browns Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (122 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 208.0
- Calories from Fat 113
- Total Fat 12.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 27.0 mg
- Sodium 159.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 4.6 g