1 hr 55 mins
1 hr 45 mins
Nana Lee's Note:
French Canadian Breakfast spread. Usually served in restaurants at breakfast. I asked for this recipe on another site b/c I had it often when I was growing up. The person who makes it, and posted it, is from Quebec. I cannot give an amount b/c it depends on how thick you spread it on your toast!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large sauce pan, add all the ingredients except the bread crumbs.
- 2Cook over medium heat, breaking up the meat mixture as it begins to cook over medium heat.
- 3Cook for at least 1 1/2 hours stirring often and breaking up the meat.
- 4The meat should be as fine as possible.
- 5When done, add the bread crumbs and cook for 15 minutes more.
- 6Remove from heat, and take out the cloves and bay leaves.
- 7Cool and place in small tin foil loaf pans.
- 8Wrap each pan well with plastic wrap and then tin foil.
- 9Keep in fridge or freeze.
- 11A suggestion has been offered to lessen the amount of breadcrumbs. Think about it before you commit to 1 1/2 cups.
- 12A layer of fat may coat the top; you can remove this as you use the spread.
- 13Spread on warm, unbuttered, toasted crusty bread. Yummy!
Nutritional Facts for Cretons (Groton)
Serving Size: 1 (984 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2205.5
- Calories from Fat 1008
- Total Fat 112.0 g
- Saturated Fat 42.6 g
- Cholesterol 460.9 mg
- Sodium 3967.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 142.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.5 g
- Sugars 14.8 g
- Protein 147.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: