This is quick, easy & delicious! Assemble on Saturday night, then pop it into the oven & let it cook while you read the Sunday morning newspaper. The recipe comes from Harrowsmith Country Life.
- Butter a 9 x 13 inch ovenproof dish& set aside.
- Slice the croissants in half (as if you were making a sandwich)& reserve the top halves.
- Cube the bottom halves& place in a very large mixing bowl.
- Mix in the cheese, salmon (or ham)& chives; set aside.
- Mix eggs, milk& seasonings in a separate bowl; add to the croissant mixture& combine well.
- Spoon into the prepared baking dish.
- Arrange the reserved croissant halves on top of the casserole.
- Gently press into the egg mixture to ensure that they get moistened.
- Bake in a reheated 350F oven for 50 minutes to an hour or until puffed up& golden brown.