1/1 Photo of Crunchy and Light Waffles for Two
Gillian Spence's Note:
Reincarnated from the Frugal Gourmet's recipe, this waffle batter is made air light by the addition of a beaten egg white to produce an exceptionally crisp waffle. Best made on an older waffle iron, the teflon ones can undercook your waffles. You may need to let it continue to cook for 30 seconds even after the light goes off for a nice crunchy waffle.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat a waffle iron.
- 2Mix the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar using a whisk to combine well.
- 3Meanwhile, melt the butter in the microwave.
- 4Beat the egg yolk with a fork till fluffy, then add the milk and butter to mix.
- 5Combine the milk mixture with the dry ingredients.
- 6Using a hand mixer, beat the egg white to stiff peaks.
- 7Carefully fold the egg whites into the batter (a plastic scraper works well for this).
- 8Cook immediately on iron.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crunchy and Light Waffles for Two
Serving Size: 1 (127 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 248.1
- Calories from Fat 96
- Total Fat 10.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.8 g
- Cholesterol 116.8 mg
- Sodium 352.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 8.4 g