1/2 Photos of Cubano Hash
Courtesy of Rachael Ray
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 lb ground pork
- 3/4 lb chorizo sausage, casings removed and chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 6 ounces beer
- 4 Portuguese rolls, split and toasted
- 4 slices swiss cheese
- 4 dill pickles, chopped
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 large eggs
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Heat a skillet over medium-high heat and add the oil.
- 3Add pork and brown, 3-4 minutes.
- 4Add chorizo, onions, garlic and season with cumin, allspice and salt and pepper, to taste. Cook 7-8 minutes.
- 5Stir in tomato paste, cook a minute then add beer. Simmer 5-7 minutes.
- 6In a small bowl, mix pickles with mustard and set aside.
- 7Arrange bread on a baking sheet.
- 8Toast the split bread a bit, top each with 1/4 of the meat mixture and a piece of Swiss cheese, return to oven and melt 2-3 minutes.
- 9Heat a skillet with butter over medium heat.
- 10To melted butter, add eggs and fry to desired doneness.
- 11Top Cubano hash with relish and fried egg and serve.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cubano Hash
Serving Size: 1 (414 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 956.7
- Calories from Fat 652
- Total Fat 72.5 g
- Saturated Fat 29.5 g
- Cholesterol 407.3 mg
- Sodium 2205.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 57.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: