These are a delicious twist on the standard blueberry muffin. Yummy!! This recipe was sent to me from my friend Shanna who is baking muffins like crazy in her last trimeseter of pregnancy :)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Grease muffin cups or line with muffin liners.
- Combine 1 1/2 cups flour, 3/4 cup sugar, salt and baking powder.
- Place vegetable oil into a 1 cup measuring cup; add the egg and enough milk to fill the cup.
- Mix this with the flour mixture.
- Fold in the blueberries.
- Fill muffin cups right to the top, and sprinkle with crumb topping mixture.
- To Make Crumb Topping: Mix together 1/2 cup sugar, 1/3 cup flour, 1/4 cup butter, and 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon.
- Mix with fork, and sprinkle over muffins before baking.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until done.
This is the best muffin recipe I have ever made. I agree with the other poster that said these would be good even without the topping. I made a couple of changes, nothing major though. Swapped the regular milk for buttermilk, added a tsp. of vanilla and used frozen blueberries (I heated and drained them before adding to mixture). Baked at 375 instead of 400, felt that was too hot for my oven. Awesome! I can't wait to try them again.
Really nice and easy... I normally don't bake much but I had a lot of blueberries local (and definately not from Chile). The only thing I would like to master is the crumb topping, mine turned out as smaller crumb than I had wanted. The recipe is easy and the results are wonderful, I had a strong cup of black coffee with the muffins and sat back and smiled. Thank you for the recipe. The yield, for me, was 11 muffins.
The topping on these muffins really make them scrumptious though someone with less of a sweet tooth will appreciate them "plain," as the pure blueberry flavor comes through! I almost left the topping off to save calories but am glad I didn't. Using a standard 12 count muffin pan, I was able to get 23 muffins out of a double batch. Also, I forgot to double the topping and felt as though I still had enough for all of the muffins in my large batch.