1/2 Photos of Delicious Puffy Oven-Baked Apple Pancake!
This is a caramelized apple mixture that is prepared then baked in the pancake, and then baked in the oven in a 9-inch cake pan, then puffs up like a souffle. You can even pre-cook the apple mixture to use later, just store it in the fridge, although I have never tried this, I do think that you could likely make the apple mixture, then freeze it in small containers, to have handy when you make this pancake but I have only refrigerated the apple mixture... It is the perfect brunch, I have even served this for dinner too, this is one of my DH's favorites pancakes, he can eat a whole one all by himself LOL! I usually make two (prepare in two separate bowls) and use two cake pans. This is the most fantastic pancake you will ever try! MacIntosh apples are really the best for this.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 apples, peeled, cored and sliced into small wedges
- 1/2 lemon, juice of
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (can use less if desired)
- 2 tablespoons apple cider (can use apple juice also)
- 1Set oven to 400°F.
- 2Prepare and grease one 9-inch round cake pan (prepare two if doubling recipe).
- 3TO make the apple filling: this step can be made well in advance and refrigerated.
- 4Sauté the apples in butter in a non-stick skillet over low heat.
- 5Add in lemon juice, brown sugar, vanilla and apple cider (or juice if using); cook about 7-8 minutes until soft.
- 6Cool for about 10-15 minutes, or refrigerate for later use.
- 7To make batter: Process ALL ingredients on a processor until smooth (can use a wire whisk also for this).
- 8Place the prepared slightly cooled apple mixture into the bottom of the prepared cake pan.
- 9Pour the pancake batter over the apple mixture (do not mix).
- 10Dot with butter bits.
- 11Bake for 15-17 minutes or until puffy.
- 12Dust with confectioners sugar.
- 13Serve with maple syrup if desired.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Delicious Puffy Oven-Baked Apple Pancake!
Serving Size: 1 (1444 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2125.0
- Calories from Fat 761
- Total Fat 84.5 g
- Saturated Fat 45.8 g
- Cholesterol 1015.7 mg
- Sodium 1901.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 301.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 20.0 g
- Sugars 150.2 g
- Protein 48.0 g