I adapted this from a friend's recipe. My family requests this a lot for breakfast. Tastes great on toast or by itself. I LOVE avocado and find it tastes great sliced on toast with the scrambled tofu.
- 1 lb firm tofu
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce (I use the healthier BRAGG liquid aminos)
- 1 tablespoon onion powder or 2 green onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 -2 tomato, chopped
- 1 tablespoon canned green chilies (optional) or 2 tablespoons dried green pimientos (optional)
- black salt, to taste (this sulferic salt is optional but makes a huge difference in making the tofu taste more like eggs,)
- Crumble tofu with hands.
- In a skillet mix tofu and everything except the tomatoes together well. Heat for 5 to 8 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and then continue heating until thoroughly heated (about 5 to 8 minutes more.