Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
I have recently discovered the joys of Disaronno. A trip to the Disaronno website has introduced me to many lovely and delicious recipes. Serve with Disaronno Butter & Disaronno Maple Syrup
- In a shallow bowl mix eggs, milk& Disaronno.
- Soak french bread in Disaronno mixture.
- In a large skillet, melt a bit of butter.
- Drain french bread and cook in buttered skillet until both sides are golden brown.
- Serve with Disaronno Butter& Disaronno Syrup.
- Combine 1/2 cup softened butter with 2 tbsp Disaronno.
- -=DisaronnoMaple Syrup=-.
- Combine 1 cup maple syrup with 1/4 cup Disaronno in a saucepan and heat until boiling.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool before serving.
Yummy. I made the french toast and the syrup according to your directions. The only thing i didn't like was that the alchohol was kind of bitter in the syrup. Next time i will skip that or make sure i boil the syrup longer so that it cooks off. Yummy recipe. Thanks!
Yum!! The toast by itself is delicious. I tried the butter and syrup, but I thought it was better without (though if you like things sweeter, do make the syrup). I doubled the milk and Amaretto in the custard for our tastes. Definitely use french or sourdough bread - I tried this with both sourdough and whole grain, and they weren't even in the same ballpark. Thanks for a wonderful breakfast!
OMG!! This is the "VERY" best recipe for french toast that I have ever made or had in my LIFE!!! WOW! it totally deserves the highest rating ever!! DH and I both were both on cloud nine after having this for breakfast this morning. DH said ..."it was just amazing and was the highest quality breakfast meal that he had ever had and that noone could get a better meal in the resturants as we had". This recipe will forever be the one we use for french toast from now on. Fantastic recipe! I made both butter and syrup and I highly recommend both when making this recipe. It really contributes to the french toast. Thanks so much for sharing this outstanding recipe. A+++ rating