Admittedly, this isn't something you'd serve often, but if you or a loved one is a chocoholic, this would be a make a decadent breakfast. Perfect for a "valentines day" breakfast in bed! Found this in an issue of "Redbook" lying around at work.
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk together coffee, cocoa powder, milk, melted butter, eggs and vanilla until combined; add to dry ingredients; blend.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Heat a lightly oiled skillet over medium-high heat.
- Pour 1/4 cup batter per pancake onto hot skillet.
- Cook 2 or 3 minutes.
- Turn and cook other side for 2 minutes.
- Repeat with remaining pancakes.
- To serve, top pancakes with confectioners' sugar and whipped cream.
- Drizzle with chocolate syrup.