Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Great sandwich to eat while watching "As Time Goes By" or "EastEnders".
Make and share this Eastenders Jim Branning's Favourite Bacon Sarnie, by Lynn Slater recipe from Food.com.
- 4 -6 slices of british bacon (or Irish)
- 2 slices white bread
- brown sauce ("HP" is the most famous but "Chef" or "Norfolk Manor" are good brands too)
- Fry the bacon in a pan until crispy.
- Remove the bacon from pan and place on 1 slice of bread.
- Take the other slice of bread and rub it around the pan to pick up any left over bacon juices.
- Spread some brown sauce on the bread you just used to scoop up the juices and place on top of bacon to complete sandwich.
- Eat right away while it's still warm.
The boys in my house turned up their noses when I told them this was lunch. Not anymore, they loved them! I couldn't find the british/irish bacon so used a good large sliced type. Made for PAC fall 2009.
An absolute classic! I must admit to an adjustment due to personal preferences- british bacon is a different and larger cut than American bacon, so I usually use 3 slices per sandwich. I loved the idea of using the bread to mop up the juices. A super sandwich- thanks BBCFan!