Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 1 min
Cook 6 mins
Great sandwich to eat while watching "As Time Goes By" or "EastEnders".
Make and share this Eastenders Jim Branning's Favourite Bacon Sarnie, by Lynn Slater recipe from Food.com.
- 4 -6 slices of british bacon (or Irish)
- 2 slices white bread
- brown sauce ("HP" is the most famous but "Chef" or "Norfolk Manor" are good brands too)
- Fry the bacon in a pan until crispy.
- Remove the bacon from pan and place on 1 slice of bread.
- Take the other slice of bread and rub it around the pan to pick up any left over bacon juices.
- Spread some brown sauce on the bread you just used to scoop up the juices and place on top of bacon to complete sandwich.
- Eat right away while it's still warm.
The boys in my house turned up their noses when I told them this was lunch. Not anymore, they loved them! I couldn't find the british/irish bacon so used a good large sliced type. Made for PAC fall 2009.
An absolute classic! I must admit to an adjustment due to personal preferences- british bacon is a different and larger cut than American bacon, so I usually use 3 slices per sandwich. I loved the idea of using the bread to mop up the juices. A super sandwich- thanks BBCFan!