Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a healthy crustless alternative to a quiche I got it out of the chatelaine magazine a few years ago and make periodically. It is quite tasty
- 1 (500 g) container1% cottage cheese
- 1 (10 ounce) packagefrozen broccoli /1 bunch fresh broccoli, chopped (thawed)
- 3⁄4 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup roasted red pepper, chopped
- 4 -5 eggs, beaten
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- Mix everything.
- Pour into a 9"pie plate sprayed with no stick spray.
- Bake at 350 F 45 minute until set in centre.
- Let stand 10 minute.
We make this at least once a month. Great, simple and tasty. The fact that it includes broccoli is a bonus - the more veggies in my kids, the better! We sometimes substitute other cheeses for the cheddar for variations in flavour. I've also used 1/4 cup of salsa for the roasted red pepper, and that's good too!
I can't believe this hasn't been rated!! It is sooo good! It's so easy and delicious! My husband loves it too and it's good warmed up in the microwave! Good & good for us!