These scones are fast to come together on a busy morning. Very tender and tasty too! You can premix the dry ingredients and cut in the butter and store it in the fridge until you are ready to prepare the scones.
- Sift all dry ingredients together.
- Cut in butter until crumbly.
- Stir in raisins.
- Mix the milk with one beaten egg and stir into the dry mix until it just comes together.
- Onto a parchment lined sheet pan, scoop out 10 scones with a large cookie scooper.
- Brush each scone with the remaining beaten egg and bake at 425* for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Serve with butter and jam.