Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
These scones are fast to come together on a busy morning. Very tender and tasty too! You can premix the dry ingredients and cut in the butter and store it in the fridge until you are ready to prepare the scones.
- Sift all dry ingredients together.
- Cut in butter until crumbly.
- Stir in raisins.
- Mix the milk with one beaten egg and stir into the dry mix until it just comes together.
- Onto a parchment lined sheet pan, scoop out 10 scones with a large cookie scooper.
- Brush each scone with the remaining beaten egg and bake at 425* for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Serve with butter and jam.
Very good. I didn't brush the tops with egg. I used reduced-sugar jam on them, they didn't need butter. Thank you :)
VERY, VERY YUMMY SCONES INDEED! I made these this morning and they were super duper easy and quick to come together. The dough was very easy to work with and the scones turned out very flaky and tasty with a crisp crust on the outside. I luv that these dont have sugar in them, so that you can eat them sweet or savoury as you please. The raisins give them a nice fruity sweetness, which is great! This was my first attempt at making drop scones as Ive only ever made cut out ones. I really like the easiness of these! I dont have a cookie scoop so I just used a tablespoon and ended up with 9 rather big scones. Thanks so much for sharing this winner of a recipe with us, SecretAgent! Ill surely make it often again!