1/1 Photo of Easy Country Breakfast Casserole
1 hr 5 mins
D. Todd Miller's Note:
This dish makes a very hearty breakfast, and easily feeds a large family or group. Fortunately, it is also easy to halve this recipe. I usually serve this with a fruit salad or compote.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups frozen hash browns
- 2 lbs cooked and drained sausage (I sometimes use a bit of both.) or 2 lbs bacon (I sometimes use a bit of both.)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 12 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 12 ounces grated cheddar cheese
- 1Line a prepared 9 x 13 baking dish with frozen hash browns. Top evenly with cooked sausage (or bacon), onion, and green bell pepper.
- 2In a separate dish, mix together eggs, milk, salt, pepper, and dry mustard. Pour this over meat and hash browns.
- 3Top everything evenly with the grated cheddar cheese.
- 4Refrigerate overnight.
- 5Bake in a preheated 350 degree F oven for about 45 to 60 minutes (or until done and slightly brown).
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Country Breakfast Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (281 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 777.2
- Calories from Fat 549
- Total Fat 61.0 g
- Saturated Fat 25.5 g
- Cholesterol 436.2 mg
- Sodium 2027.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 37.1 g