Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Made this for a Fathers Day Brunch and it was a hit! I made exactly as stated and it was delicious! I may try it with some add in's such as mushrooms, onions, peppers or tomatoes, though it really is great as is..... and it's sooooo easy to throw together.... just add some toast and fresh fruit and breakfast is ready!
- 1 lb pork sausage
- 1 (8 ounce) package refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Cook sausages over medium high heat until evenly browned, Drain, crumble and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees, lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Line the bottom of the prepared baking dish with unrolled crescent dough.
- (do not separate the dough!).
- Sprinkle crumbled sausage evenly over top.
- In large bowl mix beaten eggs,mozzarella and cheddar,season mixture with oregano and pour over the sausage and crescent rolls.(Mixture will be thick, so I actually found it easier to spoon it on top starting around the edges)
- Bake 25-30 minutes in the pre-heated oven, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
This has become one of my favorite things to eat for breakfast. Great for big "family" breakfasts and absolutely delicious.
This was an easy to make dinner. I plan to make it for breakfast in the future. I added fresh mushroom slices and green pepper.