1/1 Photo of Egg & Sausage Breakfast Burrito
Chef #574291's Note:
This is so easy and delicious whether frozen or eaten fresh and it's very easy to add variety each time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Over medium-high heat, in a large nonstick skillet, add the crumbled sausage. Stir and break up until sausage is browned and cooked through, about 10 minutes. Place on paper towels to drain and dispose of remaining grease.
- 2Place the butter in the skillet and melt over medium-high heat. Add the eggs, stirring frequently until they're scrambled and cooked through, about two minutes. Add the cooked sausage, chipotle peppers if desired, and salsa to the egg mixture and stir gently. Remove from heat.
- 3Warm the tortillas as directed on package. Place about 1/2 cup of the egg and sausage mixture onto each tortilla and sprinkle each one with cheese. To form the burrito, fold the sides of the tortilla in toward the middle and then fold up from bottom. Serve immediately or freeze.
- 4If the burritos won't be eaten right away, freeze them using the following steps: Lay freezer bag flat and place the burritos inside so they are lying side by side and not overlapping. You may need to use multiple bags depending on how many burritos you are freezing. Close the bag most of the way and then press air out of the bag, gently smoothing the wrinkles so that it clings to the food to protect against freezer burn. Finish closing the bag completely and freeze as soon as possible.
- 5When ready to eat, take the burrito out of the bag and wrap in a plain paper towel. Leave it wrapped in the paper towel and microwave until hot, about one to three minutes on high.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Egg & Sausage Breakfast Burrito
Serving Size: 1 (171 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 428.6
- Calories from Fat 218
- Total Fat 24.3 g
- Saturated Fat 10.5 g
- Cholesterol 209.2 mg
- Sodium 862.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 20.7 g