This egg scramble features potatoes, bacon, cheese and sweet red and green peppers and mushrooms. Recipe is from Taste of Home.
- 1 1⁄2 cups potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1⁄2 cup sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup mushroom, chopped
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil, divided
- 2 cups cooked bacon, crumbled
- 16 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded and divided
- Place potatoes in a small saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil, reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until tender; drain.
- In large skillet, saute half of the peppers, onion and mushrooms in 1 teaspoon oil until tender.
- Add half of the ham and potatoes, saute 2-3 minutes longer.
- Meanwhile, in a blender, combine the eggs, sour cream, milk, onion salt, garlic salt and pepper.
- Cover and process until smooth.
- Pour half over vegetable mixture, cook and stir over medium heat until eggs are completely set.
- Sprinkle 1 cup cheese.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients.