1/1 Photo of Egg Scramble
This egg scramble features potatoes, bacon, cheese and sweet red and green peppers and mushrooms. Recipe is from Taste of Home.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup mushroom, chopped
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil, divided
- 2 cups cooked bacon, crumbled
- 16 eggs
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded and divided
- 1Place potatoes in a small saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil, reduce heat.
- 2Cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until tender; drain.
- 3In large skillet, saute half of the peppers, onion and mushrooms in 1 teaspoon oil until tender.
- 4Add half of the ham and potatoes, saute 2-3 minutes longer.
- 5Meanwhile, in a blender, combine the eggs, sour cream, milk, onion salt, garlic salt and pepper.
- 6Cover and process until smooth.
- 7Pour half over vegetable mixture, cook and stir over medium heat until eggs are completely set.
- 8Sprinkle 1 cup cheese.
- 9Repeat with remaining ingredients.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Egg Scramble
Serving Size: 1 (196 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 282.2
- Calories from Fat 180
- Total Fat 20.0 g
- Saturated Fat 9.6 g
- Cholesterol 370.5 mg
- Sodium 268.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 17.3 g