Everyone's mom has made these at one time or another. Fun presentation for a sleep-over breakfast!
- Melt butter in LARGE frying pan over medium heat.
- To one side of the pan, fry bacon slices (or in a separate pan).
- Using a small, round cookie cutter, remove the center of the bread.
- Lay bread slices in pan; lay "holes" to the side; fry for 1 minute, then flip to other side.
- Immediately crack eggs, gently tucking into the hole (one egg per toast slice).
- Turn heat down a smidgen to give eggs a chance to firm up.
- Eggs can be flipped again if the eater wants them "hard" or leave sunny-side up if a runnier egg is desired.
- SERVE: Place egg/toasts on plate, smear "holes" with a dab of jam or honey, lay to the side, add the bacon and holler: "Breakfast is served!".
- IDEAS: Use an herb-butter for frying, to add a different flavor.
- IDEA #2: Use cookie cutters with unusual shapes: flowers, stars, snowmen, snowflakes!