1/1 Photo of Eggs Lookin' at You!
Everyone's mom has made these at one time or another. Fun presentation for a sleep-over breakfast!
My Private Note
eggs & ...
Units: US | Metric
Per 2-egg serving
- 1Melt butter in LARGE frying pan over medium heat.
- 2To one side of the pan, fry bacon slices (or in a separate pan).
- 3Using a small, round cookie cutter, remove the center of the bread.
- 4Lay bread slices in pan; lay "holes" to the side; fry for 1 minute, then flip to other side.
- 5Immediately crack eggs, gently tucking into the hole (one egg per toast slice).
- 6Turn heat down a smidgen to give eggs a chance to firm up.
- 7Eggs can be flipped again if the eater wants them "hard" or leave sunny-side up if a runnier egg is desired.
- 8SERVE: Place egg/toasts on plate, smear "holes" with a dab of jam or honey, lay to the side, add the bacon and holler: "Breakfast is served!".
- 9IDEAS: Use an herb-butter for frying, to add a different flavor.
- 10IDEA #2: Use cookie cutters with unusual shapes: flowers, stars, snowmen, snowflakes!
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Eggs Lookin' at You!
Serving Size: 1 (180 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 589.4
- Calories from Fat 391
- Total Fat 43.5 g
- Saturated Fat 17.5 g
- Cholesterol 484.3 mg
- Sodium 939.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 21.7 g