This is an egyptian classic!! Perfect for breakfast on a cold winter morning. Serve with warmed pitta. Adapted from: http://www.touregypt.net
- 4 1⁄2 ounces pastrami
- 4 -6 eggs
- Pam cooking spray
- salt & pepper
- Fry pastrami in the skillet with the cooking oil or spray. (about 30 seconds a side).
- Careful: will become crisp+burnt fast!
- Turn to cook both sides, then add eggs, beaten or whole.
- When eggs are set, remove to serving dish and season to taste. Garnish with fruit or as desired.
- Take care to not overcook the bastirma, as it will turn bitter.