I love frittata. Its the epitomy of a quick, healthy meal. These can be eaten cold, hot, with salad, or not. You can really fool around with the ingredients and make it different every time.
- Put the oven rack in the top 1/3 of the oven& preheat to 350 degrees.
- Beat the eggs lightly, (don't be cruel), mix the cheese and herbs in, and set aside.
- Spray a 8" non-stick, oven-proof frying pan with a little oil.
- Heat the pan on med-high heat.
- Add your vegetables to the pan.
- Stir the egg, cheese& herb mixture one last time, and pour over the filling.
- Stir lightly for about 30 seconds.
- Turn heat down to med-low.
- When the eggs begin to set on the bottom, use a spatula to loosen the edge of the frittata, and lift it slightly to let the unset eggs run underneath.
- Continue to cook until the egg is not-quite set, about 4 minutes.
- Put the pan in the oven, and cook another 4 minutes, until the top is set.
- Remove the frittata, loosen the edges& slide onto a plate.