1/2 Photos of Farm Breakfast Strata
1 hr 20 mins
I got this recipe off of Recipe Link posted by Gladys - and it is SO good and perfect for holiday or anytime! It was so nice to prepare this the night before and be able to just throw it in the oven Christmas morning! Everyone LOVED it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb bacon (cut into 1/2 inch pieces)
- 1/2 lb cooked ham (cut into cubes or diced)
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- 10 -12 slices white bread (recipe originally said cubed but I left them whole)
- 2 cups cubed potatoes (I used Ore-Ida western style or can use O'Brien)
- 3 cups shredded cheese
- 10 large eggs
- 3 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- salt and pepper
- 1The NIGHT BEFORE:.
- 2In large skillet, cook bacon until crisp.
- 3Drain off excess bacon fat, but keep a little in skillet in order to cook onion.
- 4Add onion, ham and chopped bacon to skillet and cook until onion is tender and transparent.
- 5Butter a large baking dish - I used a glass lasagna dish.
- 6Layer the bread to cover bottom of dish - will use probably 5-6 slices or half the amount of bread cubed.
- 7Add half of potatoes and cheese.
- 8Top with bacon, onion and ham mixture.
- 9Add remaining pieces of bread, potatoes and cheese.
- 10In large bowl, beat eggs, milk, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, salt and pepper.
- 11Pour this mixture evenly over the ingredients in baking dish.
- 12Cover and chill OVERNIGHT in the refrigerator.
- 13The NEXT MORNING:.
- 14Remove strata from the refrigerator and bring to room temp (about 30 minutes prior to baking).
- 15Preheat oven to 325°F.
- 16Bake uncovered for 1 hour or when knife is inserted near center and comes out clean.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Farm Breakfast Strata
Serving Size: 1 (240 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 495.7
- Calories from Fat 308
- Total Fat 34.2 g
- Saturated Fat 14.0 g
- Cholesterol 225.0 mg
- Sodium 810.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 24.4 g