Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
I hope you enjoy
Make and share this Farmer's Breakfast recipe from Food.com.
- Arrange hashbrowns evenly in the bottom of a greased 13x9 baking pan.
- Sprinkle with cheese, ham or bacon and onion; set aside.
- Combine eggs, milk, pepper and salt in a mixing bowl; blend well.
- Pour egg mixture over potato mixture; cover and refridgerate for several hours or overnight.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 until center is set, 40-45 minutes if chilled several hours or 55 to 60 minutes if chilled overnight.
Delicious and filling one pan breakfast!! I made 1/4 of the recipe to serve 1-2. I didn't have evaporated milk so I used half 2% milk and 1/2 half-n-half and for the green onion I subbed some minced yellow onion. Made for PAC Spring 2010.
This is a big hit at my house! The only change that I've made is to add some green pepper to it. I've also found that regular milk works just as well as evaporated in a pinch. We enjoy this as much for a simple dinner as we do for breakfast.
I have been making this recipe for years. I typically use refrigerated shredded hash browns, pepper jack cheese and prefer 2% or whole milk to evaporated milk. It's great for brunch or even dinner! Another idea, make it in a pie plate and it makes for a more elegant presentation when hosting guests for brunch. I rarely make it ahead of time, so if you're in a hurry, don't worry about adding extra time for that. Thanks for posting this gem.