The recipe was given to me 25 years ago. This is a very quick and light breakfast cake. Not too sweet and delicate.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease 8X8 square pan.
- Melt butter and cool slightly and add milk and beaten egg, set to the side.
- In bowl, sift the next four (4) ingredients, 2 times. Add butter, milk, and egg mixture and stir only enough to smooth out any lumps.
- Combine the remaining sugar and cinnamon for the topping, in a small bowl or in a ziploc bag.
- Pour batter into greased pan and sprinkle the mixture of sugar and cinnamon over the top and bake 12 to 15 minutes.
Quick and light with a nice buttery taste. My 8x8 was in the freezer so I had to double the recipe to fit into a 13x9 pan. I baked for 30 minutes and it turned out great.
Absolutely fantastic. Sprinkle with powdered sugar for a touch of sweetness. This cake raises into a terrific breakfast cake. I had to make one small adjustment as I was out of eggs. I used 1 tsp. Baking Powder, 1 tsp oil and 1/4 cup water. Still this turned out wonderful. Perfect with coffee in the morning, or anytime! Thanks for this permanent addition to by cookbook!
So fluffy!! Declared a success by my husband and daughter, who each snagged 2 pieces.
I'm thinking maybe we add choc chips next time. Tried it with and without honey drizzled over it this time. Good stuff either way!